Bringing Convenience to Your Baby's Sleep Schedule
If you have a little one, you’ll know that going anywhere with your baby means you will be dragging a lot of baggage around. Buggies, toys, diaper bags, bottles and blankets - the list is endless. It can make a huge difference if you have baby equipment that is easy and lightweight to transport. It doesn’t matter if you’re going to visit your parents, take a weekend breakaway or go on vacation, your little bundle of joy will be needing a safe and comfortable place to sleep, so a good travel crib is an absolute must-have. Let’s have a look at some of the things to consider when choosing a travel crib.
Things to Consider
- Weight: If your travel crib is heavy, you’ll find that it can be very inconvenient to lug around. When purchasing a travel crib, ensure it’s a lightweight crib.
- Portability: Most travel cribs come with a handy carry bag, making it easy to transport. Check before you buy one that it does have its carry bag included in the price because some options have the bag sold separately.
- Durability: Gong for a cheaper option is not always the best option in terms of durability. If you have your first child and you’re planning on having another baby then you might want to use the same travel crib for the new baby so it’s a good idea to get a durable crib that will last. Another reason for good durability is that when your baby gets a little older, the travel crib should be sturdy enough to withstand it when the little one attempts to climb out of it on their own.
- Assembly: For some baby equipment it takes a rocket scientist to assemble the item which can be extremely frustrating. Check that the travel crib is simple to assemble.
- Adjustability: Your baby certainly doesn’t stay the same size, so it’s also a good idea to choose a crib where the mattress is adjustable so that your newborn will comfortably and securely fit, as well as when they’re a little bigger and need more space.
- Cleaning: As we all know, babies, and especially toddlers, are prone to make a mess or have an accident, so it’s also important to consider how easy it is to clean or wash the travel crib.
Related Search Topics (Ads)
Top 5 Travel Cribs
This is a renowned brand where you can’t go wrong. The BabyBjörn Travel Crib Light comes with a carry bag included and will cost you $309.99. It’s suitable for newborns up to the age of around three, so you can be sure that you won’t need to buy a new travel crib once the baby gets a bit bigger. This is a simple, safe and lightweight crib that can be set up in one swift movement. The mattress with an organic cotton fitted sheet is also included. A satisfied client from Phoenix, Arizona had this to say about the crib: “This is the best “pack and play” travel crib around. It is worth every penny.”
The portable crib from Guava Lotus is somewhat cheaper at only $229.95. This lightweight travel crib boasts a handy airport-friendly backpack-style carry bag, making it very convenient to carry hands-free. It’s also 50% lighter than the traditional mattress-style portable cribs. It only weighs 15 lbs, including the carry bag. This travel crib’s mattress is supported by the floor, and it is suitable for newborn babies and toddlers up to about three years old, or until your toddler can climb out by himself.
One of the most affordable and best portable cribs to consider is the Swift Play Yard by Maxi-Cosi, as it will only cost you $219.99. This crib is a multi-use, 3-in-1 travel play yard and can be used as a newborn bassinet, a sturdy play yard and a safe space for your toddler to nap in. It weighs around 18 lbs. and unfolds and folds back up effortlessly. This travel crib is also suitable for ages 0 to 3 and it has a 2-stage mattress that unzips, making it easy to adjust as your baby gets bigger.
This is a well-known and loved brand for all things “baby.” They offer the Chicco Alfa Lite portable travel crib which comes in as one of the most affordable ones thus far at only $169.99. It is also one of the lighter options, weighing only 12.5 lbs. The crib has a zipper door for easy access, and the entire material comes apart, which makes it very easy to remove and put in the wash. This crib also comes with a carry bag, and a reviewer on Amazon claims, “I have tried many different travel bed options, and this by far wins. Super light, easy to set up and take down.”
Baby Joy offers the cheapest option in travel cribs at only $89.00 on Amazon. There is no assembly required as it unfolds straight from the box and is easy to fold up in the carry bag. It’s also an extremely lightweight travel crib at 11 lbs. and a multifunctional playpen. It is suitable for newborn babies as well as toddlers. Its mattress has a soft, thick sponge, and the crib has a mesh cloth and zipper door for easy access. The mesh cloth is good for air circulation and allows you to see your baby and your baby to see you.